Let’s Celebrate Your Grad!
Graduation season is approaching fast and we have some great tips to help you plan the perfect Lowcountry party. The weather in Charleston is beautiful this time of year which gives the option of having an event indoors or outdoors. Some of you may be thinking that outside is a hard no. LOL. However, if planned properly outside parties are fun. When we're planning an outside event there are a couple of items that are on our checklist that we will share with you.
1. Schedule lawn care a few days in advance so the yard has curb appeal
2. Schedule the mosquito control services for the perimeter of the party a few days in advance
3. Rent/Borrow tables, chairs and a tent to accommodate guests; have them delivered the morning of the event
4. Pay attention to the weather report because the weather in Charleston can change at the drop of a dime. Therefore always have a plan B.
5. Hire a caterer! Shameless plug (psssssst....Carolima's is available) to prepare the food and custom graduation cake so that you can actually enjoy the party and not have to prepare, serve and clean up!
Indoor parties are a little less complex. Guests will arrive and probably gather in the kitchen area for the most part because guests LOVE the kitchen at any party. The food can be set up either using counter space or tables. It's still important to have seating because guests will want to stay a while. The menu can vary from appetizers to a full meal. Either way, have the menu be something delicious and known to the Lowcountry because you will probably have a few out of town folks. What better time to show off some of our Lowcountry favorites like red rice, crab cakes, southern fried chicken or some fried fish. if you're lucky the graduate will grace you and the guests with their presence for a little while. LOL.
Overall, graduation parties are great because its a wonderful way to celebrate the grad while having friends and family over. The fellowship and fun will be remembered by everyone.